Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No. 2 "A Sad Ending"

Lembert Dome in Tuolumne Meadows, Yosemite National Park
 
The end of 2010 didn't just mark the end of the decade, it marked the end of Kodachrome. The iconic film that we all (and by all I mean people over 30) came to know and love. The film reproduced colors like no other film and also has extremely long archival ability. With the end of 2010, the last lab in the world equipped to develop the film, Dwayne's Photo in Parsons, KS ended their Kodachrome processing. The film was first introduced in 1935 and was discontinued by Kodak in the middle of 2009. It's sad to think that Kodachrome will never be produced again and will be greatly missed because there really is nothing like it. I'm glad to say that I was able to shoot some while it was still around. Now I just have to wait for my last seven rolls to come back from Dwayne's and see how they turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment