Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No. 1 "A New Beginning"

This is my first shot of The Impossible Project's (TIP) new Silver Shade film for Polaroid cameras which was taken in April of 2010. I was so excited to start using their new film and was even more excited about the results! It really is a beautiful film, and the new versions only keep getting better and better. This first version of film had a lot of problems and I was really lucky in that I seemed to have avoided most of them, namely the "Killer Crystal" which totally destroys the image after a few weeks. None of my shots were affected by it, and all of them look pretty much the same as the day they were developed.

This film has such a softness to it that the scan doesn't really do it justice of how beautiful the original actually is, which is why I have come to love instant photography. The film can also produce unpredictable, yet beautiful results that you can't always control. You create a one of a kind image that is so special that nothing will ever be able to replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment