Friday, February 11, 2011

No. 8 "What's Your Favorite?"


I have a really hard time knowing which of my photos other people will love. I'm always surprised at peoples reactions when I show them my photos. They may just glance at my favorite in the pile, and then be crazy about a different one that I didn't even give a second look at. So I decided to try and start a series in which I post some of my favorite photos and attempt to explain in a few words why I like them. So let's start with this this:

WYF #1
I really like this one and I think it's because of Entropy (yes, Entropy). The grasses surrounding the cover are just chaotic and disordered, while the cover itself is the exact opposite. It is a perfect circle and has those nice converging lines. It's going against the universe and has ∆S<0. The image is also simple and the contrast also adds a kind of stark quality to the image that I like.

1 comment: